As a not-for-profit, parent-owned cooperative, under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, RCC creates an unparalleled teacher/parent partnership dedicated to the education and development of your child. A key component of this partnership is parental participation.
We understand how busy parents are, so RCC offers a wide variety of ways to participate, including (but not limited to):
- serving on the board of directors
- serving on a committee
- participating in regularly scheduled weekend parent work days
- providing office support, such as administrative duties as necessary
- assisting in fund raising
- chaperoning field trips
- sharing any professional or other expertise or a parent may offer
We try to make it as easy as possible to help out, and any extra time contributed in a given month may carry over into future months and years. Member families are obliged to contribute at least two hours of their time per month per family.